Yesterday marked four months since we sold our first keg. We're grown a lot in those 120 days. The learning curve has been vertical at times, but we've been blessed with hard working employees who share the vision to make the best beer possible and get it to our loyal fans as fresh as possible.
Here's a few fun facts:
- We've brewed over 22,000 gallons or 180,000 pints of beer!
- We have put out five different beers with more on the way.
- There are now over 100 places to enjoy our beer across DFW.
- We've increased our keg fleet from 400 to 800.
- We have had over 1500 people come to our weekly tours.
- We're gearing up to package our year-round beers in 6 and 4-packs very soon.
- We are about to release Bourbon Barrel Temptress. Temptress that has been aging in Belleit bourbon barrels since September.
- We are up to 6 employees and growing.
Pfew! That's a lot of work! But we wouldn't want to be doing anything else.
Thanks for all your support and we hope to see you soon at the brewery.
We had a blast yesterday with all 170 of you who came out to support local beer and have a great time doing it. Club Wood played a great set of their "Nawlins" style jazz and The Local was out sampling their Temptress ice cream. We had a lot of fun with the costume contest and even though our food truck was a no-show (boooo) we improvised and got some pizza from Rockyano's for the starving hoards. We hope to see you at the next tour or (at the very least) next Halloween. Schol! from all of us at the LBC.
Wednesday - Join us at the Goodfriend 1st Anniversary party. Temptress on Nitro is never a bad idea. Try some with a scoop of vanilla. Yum!
Friday - Firkin Friday at The Bottle Shop of Greenville. Hop Trapp dry hopped with Citra. It's a little bit of awesome.
Saturday - Brewery Tour from 12-3. Come out for some sweet tunes and some even sweeter eats. The Belgian Waffle truck will be out with some authentic Belgian treats to go with your authentic LBC beers. The weather is going to be awesome. Come see how beer's made.
We hope to get a chance to see you and chat about our favorite subject.
The LBC Crew
Our taps are full since we introduced Lakewood Lager last weekend. So we had to get creative and we'll have a special Firkin of Citra dry-hopped Hop Trapp.
Tours are $10 (cash at the door) and include:
- A souvenir glass for you to keep and use
- 4 free samples
- An informal brewery tour (starts at 1:30pm)
Musical guest this week will be Aaron Burton.
Food truck: The Belgian Waffle Company!
Feel free to bring your lawn chairs with you and hang out. Kids are welcome as long as you keep them contained.
We can't have little future brewers running around in the brewery getting into things that could hurt them.
Last call will be at 2:30pm and we will stop pouring at 2:45pm.
LBC will also be in Austin!
For our Austin fans, we'll be at the Texas Craft Beer Festival @ Fiesta Gardens Saturday from 2-8.
We will have all our beers with us and there will be 55 other Texas craft breweries in attendance.
The LBC Crew
Saturday is tour time again at the LBC from 12-3pm. $10 gets you in the door, a souvenir glass, 4 beer tokens and access to one of the coolest looking breweries around. As usual we'll have live music and a food truck in case you get peckish.
Tomorrow on the "boulevard" join Wim and Craig for some good old fashioned tailgating before the SMU vs TCU game. Fritz Rahr and Wim have a little bet going as well.
And for the encore tomorrow night:
It's that time of year when you put aside the summer beers for something a little more fall-like. Welcome to flavor country! Lakewood Lager, a Vienna Style amber lager, releases at Cosmo's tomorrow night at 6pm sharp. Come out and enjoy the party! We'll have Temptress braised brats and we'll have Arnold Schwarzenegger movies on all night!
We have a lot of things happening this weekend at the brewery and beyond. Don't miss out on all the exciting places and events to have an LBC brew.
- LBC Crew appearing on Beer for Breakfast on 102.1 The Edge 8:00am
- Cedars Food Park - Friday, Sept. 21 6:00 - 10:00 at Heritage Village
- Whole Foods Lakewood - Specialty Goes Local Randall Tapping - Saturday, Sept. 22 12:00 - 4:00. Come to taste what's flowing out of our special Randall.
- LBC Tour - Saturday, Sept. 22 12:00 -3:00 $10 cash, includes souvenir glass and 4 samples, Music by Marisela The Voice, Food by:Potato Potahto
- LBC beer dinner @ The Common Table - Monday, Sept. 24 7:00 $45 4 course meal w/ beer pairings - contact email@example.com for reservations
The LBC Crew